On this solo episode, Aaron Mangal reflects on his decade of being in the Crypto scene from 2013-2023.
It all started in the corner of a Panera Bread in Brier Creek, NC with the Triangle Bitcoin Meetup. From there it was expanded into a Tech Co-working space called the American Underground in Durham, NC.
He and a few dozen attendees would excitedly gather and discuss Bitcoin (the main topic of that era pre-Ethereum and other Blockchains).
Now things have changed so much from the industry growth and number of chains to “Influencers” and YouTubers galore on the scene helping us explore the various nooks and crannies of Crypto.
This Crypto decade discussion is broken into 3 phases: the early days of 2013-2017, 2018-2020 and 2020-2023.
Subscribe to ETM
Our Crypto Decade Show Notes
- Triangle Bitcoin Meetup
- American Underground
- How bitcoin grew up and became big money [The Verge]
- A Look Back in Time: Bitcoin Price History and Events Timeline [Coinmarketcap]
- Bitcoin History Part 1: The early days—Satoshi, no limits, 184B Bitcoins and on-chain poker game [Coin Geek]
- The Crypto Culture: Then And Now
- Cypherpunk, Crypto Anarchy and How Bitcoin Lost the Narrative [Coin Desk]
- What is Monero (XMR)? A Untraceable Privacy Focused Cryptocurrency
- The Ultimate Guide To Trade, Sell, And Buy Bitcoin