On this episode host of the ETM Show, Aaron Mangal interviews Joe Chiappetta, a long time cartoonist, comic book creator and digital art (NFT) creator.
“A former Chicagoan living in Southern California…He’s an award-winning author and cartoonist on Silly Daddy Comics. As founder of ArtVndngMchn, Joe made history along with over 20 international artists as the first fine art project to release NFTs as random wrapped bundles on the blockchain.”
After listening to this episode you will learn:
- Joe’s background and how he became an artist
- How he involves his kids (who are also artists) in NFT creation
- What anti-corporate “Zines” were and what the scene was like
- How Television “tech” used to be in the hands of a few elites
- What NFTs are and how they democratize media ownership
- How NFTs can be much more than a 2D JPEG
- Why Ethereum (ETH) fails as a solution
- Some non-ETH NFT platforms Joe uses and his current favorite
- How Art has always had no rules and now really doesn’t have any rules
- Where Joe hosts his gallery (Hint: It might be in a Metaverse)
- Some guidance to starting your NFT and Blockchain journey
Follow Joe’s Work
NFT Show Notes
- LAB Radio Ep 43 – Rare Digital Art on the Blockchain and New Ways for Artists to Get Paid [Previous interview we did with Joe]
- “Zines” (Library of Congress article and resources)
- Counterparty (XCP) (The original NFT protocol built on Bitcoin)
- BitCrystals (BCY)
- Everdream Soft (BitCrystals creators)
- Super Rare
- EOS Blockchain (Now Antelope.io)
- WAX Blockchain
- Nefty Blocks
- Steem (now HIVE)
- Blocktivity (Real-time Blockchain transaction volume)
- Minecraft (Java edition)
- Uplift Metaverse
- Mozilla Hubs
- Crypto Voxels
- Decentraland (MANA)
- Atomic Hub NFT Marketplace
- –Hot Wheels
- WAX Cloud Wallet
NFT Tech Action Steps
- Look at NFT Platforms we linked to above
- Consider the following questions:
-What’s the ease of accessibility and use? (Easy, medium, hard?)
-Are there any barriers to entry? (i.e.The platform is invite only, has a application process)
-Is the marketplace saturated?
- Visit coinmarketcap.com
- Search for the symbol of your target Blockchain (e.g. XCP, EOS, WAX, ETH)
- Visit the chains website
- Consider these questions:
-What’s the supply?
-Who is the team?
-Is it well-regarded among the community of early and current holders?
-What is the process to get on that Blockchain?
–Is there a separate app or wallet to download?
- Note down what you like, dislike or have questions about
- Look for community hubs on discord, telegram or forums to stay connected
Further Reading on Emerging Tech
- Emerging Technology 101 and How to Start Your Journey
- ETM Show #0: Introducing Ourselves and Your Emerging Tech Journey
Thanks for listening and good luck with your NFT Journey!