On this episode of the Emerging Tech Mastery Show we discuss the past, present and future of Virtual Reality (VR).
“an artificial environment which is experienced through sensory stimuli (such as sights and sounds) provided by a computer and in which one’s actions partially determine what happens in the environment”-Merriam Webster
To help with that, we caught up with a Immersive Technology Enthusiast and Professional, Eric Azares.
Eric is no stranger to the digital realms and shares his knowledge of the Virtual Reality (VR) industry, what it is and where its going.
We also discuss the cumulative technologies that led to VR including arcades and other early attempts at this unique immersive experience.
We then bring the conversation to the present and future outlook for where we are going with it.
After listening to this episode you will learn:
- How he originally encountered “VR” at the arcade
- The concept of Immersive technology and connection to Virtual Reality
- How the term “Virtual Reality” is evolving
- How Virtual Reality experiences trick our brain and perception
- How Immersion while using the Tech can lead to time dilation
- How LED Screens are a part of Virtual production today
- What Virtual Production is and how it works in movies today
- The cumulative technologies that led up to Virtual Reality
- How Media keeps evolving to higher and higher resolution and detail
Follow Eric’s Work
Show Notes on VR
- The Sensorama: One of the First Functioning Efforts in Virtual Reality
- Virtually Forgotten: Nintendo’s Virtual Boy, 25 Years Later
- Mortal Kombat
- What is the Oculus Rift?
- Palmer Lucky, the founder of Oculus
- Haptic Technology
- Richie’s Plank Experience
- Time Dilation
- Meta Quest headset
- HTC Vive
- Samsung GearVR
- What is 360 Video?
- Escape Room
See you in one of the Realities!