Hey Tech Adventurer,
On this episode, a solo one, Aaron Mangal provides his reasons for why you should learn Linux. For one, most of the internet and smart phones run on it in one way or another.
Plus it’s open-source, free and full of passionate builders who truly allow us to stand on the shoulders of giants.
For that we greatly appreciate those who have built before us and allowed a fairly smooth experience to get started using Linux.
By no means have we mastered Linux and not sure we ever will but the levels of advanced features and use cases seem to continue endlessly.
With that said, we hope you find some value in this chat and feel inspired to start learning Linux.
Subscribe to ETM
8 Reasons Why You Should Learn Linux
- It is Ubiquitous – Available freely online and supported by a global user base
- It is Customizable – There are a myriad of Operating Systems and features to shape the software how you want
- It is Robust – Most of the Web and smart phones run on Linux so its time tested
- It is Useful – It can do so many things whether something easy or advanced
- It is Valuable – The skill itself of learning your way around the code can help you endlessly
- It is Efficient – Its a pretty light and fast user experience despite its advanced dense features compared to Windows
- It is Fun – Once you get your footing, you’ll get a lot of enjoyment from doing new things with your Tech, just with your knowledge and time
- It has a Uniform Structure – The rules and code are the same no matter what country or nation state they are deployed in making for a truly open free global code base
Linux Action Items
- Look up Ubuntu
- Consider the different Operating Systems and places you can install it
- Which serve your needs now? (In the future?)
- Look up Raspberry Pi OS
- What versions are useful for you?
- Take a quick inventory of your current “tech” (e.g. Laptop, desktop, Raspberry Pi)
- Will you use your current system or do a fresh install? (Note: you can do a USB stick and run it off that to not affect your system to try it out)
- Emerging Technology 101 and How To Start Your Tech Journey
- 20 Best Linux Books You Can Download For Free Legally
- 13 Free Training Courses to Learn Linux Online
- 20 Things You MUST DO After Installing Ubuntu (Right Now!)
- Top 10 Linux Apps: Essential Software Everyone Needs
- 60 Linux Commands you NEED to know (in 10 minutes) –