Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been all the rage as a buzz word this year.
But, what does AI really mean? And more importantly, what does it do?
We’re looking at you, Skynet.
Here are some definitions:
“Artificial intelligence (AI), the ability of a digital digital or computer-controlled robot to perform tasks commonly associated with intelligent beings.”Brittanica
Artificial intelligence leverages computers and machines to mimic the problem-solving and decision-making capabilities of the human mindIBM
“Artificial intelligence (AI) is a set of technologies that enable computers to perform a variety of advanced functions, including the ability to see, understand and translate spoken and written language, analyze data, make recommendations, and more.”Google Cloud
“Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a field of computer science and engineering concerned with the computational understanding of what is commonly called intelligent behavior, and with the creation of artifacts that exhibit such behavior.”Encyclopedia of Computer Science
As usual with these terms, Artificial Intelligence (AI) is not just one thing. It is an amalgamation of many different technologies, including hardware and software.
It benefits us by quietly solving complex problems behind the scenes, often in real time.
This means everything from orchestrating social media news-feeds to re-booking flights and identifying the closest Uber driver.
Subscribe to ETM
After listening to this episode, you will learn:
- What is Artificial Intelligence (AI) and why it was created
- An overview of how big data, algorithms and software contribute to AI
- AI subcategories like Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning and Computer Vision
- What each “AI” does and examples of each in our everyday lives
- How AI from Target predicted a pregnancy before the customer’s family knew
- The comparison of Supervised vs. Unsupervised Data
- The differences between the various “AIs” and what they do
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Notes
- The present and future of AI [Harvard]
- Algorithm [Websters]
- What is Big Data and Why is it important? [TechTarget]
- Supervised vs Unsupervised Learning [Geeks for Geeks]
- What is Deep Learning? [AWS]
- A Gentle Introduction to Computer Vision [ML Mastery]
- Natural Language Processing [DeepLearning.ai]
- AI Demos [Microsoft]
- How Target Figured Out A Teen Girl Was Pregnant Before Her Father Did [Forbes]
- 9 Insights on Emerging Technology for 2023 [ETM]
- Chat GPT
- Bing AI Search
- Stable Diffusion Generative Art
- PDF.ai (like a search engine for PDFs)
- Future Tools – Find The Exact AI Tool For Your Needs